Get the Right Ingredients
To make four servings of this delicious comfort food dish, you will need a total of 25 minutes of preparation time and the following ingredients:
- A 16-ounce package of spaghetti
- A quarter of a cup of chopped toasted walnuts
- Four ounces of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- A quarter of a cup of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two and a half tablespoons of coarsely ground black pepper
- Three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt (with additional for the water)
Cook the Pasta
In a large saucepan, boil 3 quarts of well-salted water. Cook the pasta until it’s al dente according to the package instructions. Do not strain the pasta. In the meantime, combine the walnuts and parsley in a small bowl. Over medium heat, warm up the oil in a large pot and fry the black pepper for 30 seconds to a minute, stirring constantly. Turn the heat off.
Transfer the pasta into the pot with the pepper using tongs. Ladle one and a quarter cups of the cooking water into the pot. Add the butter and mix continuously for one minute. Stir more vigorously as you begin to add the grated parmesan.
Enjoy This Flavorful Comfort Food
After cooking and mixing the pasta and cheese in the pan for about two minutes, a silky cheesy mixture should coat the pasta. If needed, add a bit more cooking water. In the end, stir in the salt. The dish can be served right away with some of the walnut and parsley mixture sprinkled on top.