Looking for amazing recipes that will let you make the most of fresh corn while it’s in season? You’re in luck! In just about 30 minutes, you could be enjoying the creamy and spicy sensation that is chile corn chowder! Just grab some corn and follow along with this recipe to make four servings of this delicious dish that’s sure to satisfy and delight! Who knows — it might become your late summer/early fall favorite!
Gather the Needed Ingredients
For a great batch of this delicious chowder, you will need:
- One and a half sticks of unsalted butter – divided
- One medium yellow onion – chopped
- 10 ounces of peeled and chopped Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 cups of fresh corn kernels
- A teaspoon of kosher salt – divided
- Three 5-ounce cans of diced hot green chiles (do not drain)
- One cup of half-and-half
- Four cups of vegetable stock – unsalted
- 2 ounces of crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives – thinly sliced
Get the Vegies Nice and Soft
Take a large pot. Put it over medium heat. Melt two tablespoons of butter in it. Add the onion, potatoes, and half a teaspoon of salt. Stirring occasionally, cook for about three minutes, until the vegetables start to get soft. Mix in the chiles and the corn. Stir and cook for another two minutes. Add the stock. Bring the heat up to high. Once it boils, bring the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for eight minutes or until the corn and potatoes are tender.
Enjoy Scrumptious and Piquant Chowder
Time to take the pot off the heat. Use an immersion blender. Partially puree the chowder. Stir in the half-and-half and the reserved two tablespoons of butter. Mix in the remaining half a teaspoon of salt and taste to make sure the seasoning is to your liking. Divide between four serving bowls and top with the cheese and chives.